One bright spot in the challenging year was growth in eCommerce. The pandemic created a huge rise in online shopping and signaled a significant change in consumer habits, with many purchasing groceries online for the first time. Unfortunately, only 17% of companies said they were prepared for the eCommerce rush. Staying ahead of the game is the key to success in 2021.
One of the major winners of 2020 was the eCommerce platform Shopify, which saw an unprecedented 71% in new store openings on its platform. It wasn’t just Shopify that benefited, but the sellers using its platform. Shopify apps are an important ingredient to this success.
The trend towards eCommerce has been developing over the last several years, but it surged suddenly in 2020 with lockdowns and new realities caused by COVID-19. Even with the vaccine, it is likely that many of these shopping habits will become permanent.
B2B and B2C companies need to adapt to these changes in an intensely competitive environment with apps and tools that can use data efficiently, automate tasks, and increase brand awareness. Working smarter rather than harder is the general strategy for eCommerce in 2021.
Boost the quantity and quality of your reviews by automatically encouraging satisfied customers to review your store on any 3rd party reviews platform such as Google, Yelp, or Trustpilot.
Work with dissatisfied customers directly and avoid public negative feedback. Reputon guarantees to improve your store reputation and SEO within just a few weeks.
- Customized automated followup emails
- Add unlimited review platforms
- Track emails and collect conversion statistics
- Does not affect site speed or store theme
- Optional widgets to display Facebook, Google or Trustpilot reviews on your page
- Flexible plans ranging from free to $49.99 a month
Make it easy to list Shopify products on multiple channels such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook shops, WooCommerce, and more. Promote your products on major social media platforms and gain backlinks and shares. Nembol keeps inventory aligned across multiple channels, and when items are listed or delisted, the changes sync automatically. Nembol is available in English, Spanish, German, and Italian, and is growing.
- Allows differentiated pricing for every channel
- Edit centrally in Shopify
- Import orders into Shopify
- Sync stock across Shopify, eBay, Amazon, Etsy, WooCommerce, Storenvy
- Flexible pricing plans including a free 14-day trial
Reduce returns and increase customer satisfaction by creating the perfect fit prior to sale. It is estimated that 77% of online clothing returns are because an item doesn’t fit. MySizeId provides an accurate measuring solution that determines the right size every time. Customers will feel confident buying more once they realize the right size for a certain brand.
- AI-Powered MySizeId app
- Size recommendation widget
- Data insights and customer sizing trends
- Fashion tech specialist report
- Free plan with additional plans priced at scale
When browsing your store, potential customers no longer need to click through to the product page to check availability of their size. Make it easy for your customers by displaying the product variants underneath each product on the collection page. A great option for fashion stores to display sizing information and encourage customer urgency with low stock messages such as “Almost gone!”. This app is easy to install and can be customized to suit your store.
- Show sizes on collection pages
- Automatic low stock messages
- Customizable swatch design
- Simple to install
- 30-day free trial and $6.99 a month
Accelerate business and brand growth with Stamped, an app that makes it easier for customers to give reviews and leave feedback. Checkout reviews gain insight into customer motivation. Connect customers in forums to answer questions. Custom forms gather useful customer data. Reward customers with customized coupons.
- Net promoter score
- Checkout reviews
- Community Q & A
- Custom Forms
- 5 plans from $19.99 a month to custom enterprise
This app takes the time and work out of creating ads on various platforms; Sixads does all the work, from creating ad copy to adding images and posting the ads on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms. Advanced algorithms run winning products campaigns and provide clear feedback and data. Drive traffic with a free traffic feature that brings new leads and potential customers.
- Targeted Facebook, Instagram, and Google Ads
- Instantly approve ad visuals and targeting
- Free traffic feature
- Automated ad management
This app appeals to anyone who has ever purchased something extra at the checkout counter. Sweet spot offers discounts and deals on products to customers as they are making purchases. It is easy to add and remove items and update offers. The app provides valuable customer insights and guidance on what is working.
- Offer has customizable features such as font, color, text, and style
- Easy to add discount code
- Dashboard displaying activity and revenue generated by the app
- Update items at any time
- 21-day free trial and $13 a month
Let your customers put the element of surprise back into gifts with a gift wrapping feature. Offer the gift wrap option for free or for a fee along with personalized messages. It also allows you to set up gift wrapping options on product and cart pages.Wrapping-Gift Wrap also supports customization of Gift options based on your requirement.
- Quick & Easy to Install
- Custom image for gift wrap
- Personalized messages
- Gift box upselling
- View all the stats of the Gift Wrap upsell
- 7-day free trial and two plans for $1.99 or $2.99 a month
Make 2021 More Profitable with Shopify Apps
Be prepared for more growth in eCommerce and stay a step ahead with apps that provide unique services to customers, improve reviews and ratings, and make valuable data more accessible. Apps are the best way to work smarter in 2021.