With winter lurking around the corner, you need to bring out your shovels again to plow snow from your home’s entrance and walkway. Plowing snow is something you may not like, but you have to do it anyway to make way for your family to come in and out of your home.
Wouldn’t you be happy if you found a magic solution that could melt the snow within a few minutes and you didn’t have to plow the snow manually? Of course, you would want to buy that magic solution right away and start using it as soon as the snow begins accumulating in your front yard. Well, that magic solution is ice breaker salt.
What is ice breaker salt?
Ice breaker salt combines four naturally occurring chlorides, including calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, and sodium chloride. This type of salt can melt ice and snow within a few minutes, and its effects can last for up to eight hours. Therefore, it is informal to keep walkways, driveways, stairs, entryways, and decks clear from snow.
Over the years, people were looking for something that would help them deal with snow in front of their houses, and finally, they have ice breaker salt that can melt snow in an instant. Here are a few characteristics of ice breaker salt that make it stand out:
- The salt doesn’t cake in the presence of moisture and has a long shelf life.
- It can melt ice three times faster and can work up to -27°F.
- It is non-corrosive and non-staining and won’t damage your floors or carpets.
- You can mix ice breaker salt with sand and provide extra traction during the melting process.
- It doesn’t harm concrete, shrubs, grass, or delicate vegetation.
- It is non-hygroscopic, meaning it doesn’t absorb moisture from the air, thus speeding up the melting process.
Why is there a high demand for ice breaker salt?
If you ask your nearest rock salt supplier, he will tell you the soaring demand for this item during winter. This is because homeowners don’t want to use their shovels to plow snow anymore. It’s a time-consuming and laborious process, and most people don’t enjoy it. On the other hand, ice breaker salt melts ice within a few minutes, and its effect can last up to eight hours. Therefore, buying the salt in bulk is cost-effective for everyone. Additionally, rock breaker salt has many more benefits, which is why it’s in huge demand.
- Easy to use – All you have to do is spread the salt on the areas where you want the snow to melt quickly. You can come back a few minutes later to see the snow is gone.
- Safe for pedestrians – Snow on the road is dangerous for pedestrians and cars as it makes the surface slippery. Thanks to ice breaker salt, pedestrians can now walk on footpaths without falling. It also reduces the risks of accidents as the salt can clear the road quickly.
- Cost-effective – You only need to buy a few bags of salt every winter to keep snow away from your house. This is more cost-effective than hiring a snow removal company.
It’s high time that you keep your shovel away and turn to ice breaker salt. Give your body a well-deserved break and let the salt spread its magic over the snow.