Imagine a situation where you are in the middle of one of your favorite shows on your TV and then its screen goes black. This would be one of the most devastating things a homeowner can go through.
Most people might assume that a black screen means that their TV has suddenly gone off. What if the screen is black but the TV is still producing sound? This would mean that there is a problem with the TV.
Well, the truth is that a TV might show a black screen due to different reasons. Some of them might include firmware errors, scanner malfunctions, and backlight malfunctions, among others. Fortunately, you can fix your TV by following the steps discussed below;
Black TV Screen With No Sound
Your TV might go black and stop producing sound at the same time. When this happens;
- Check for a power light on the TV.
- If the light is on, then it means that your TV has a power supply.
- The issue could be caused by your TV’s software. Unplug the TV from the power supply.
- You can also disconnect the power cord from the TV.
- Connect the TV back to power after about 30 seconds and restart it to see if it works.
- If it works, shop for a TV guard if you do not have one. It might help you avoid this problem in the future. Also, make sure that you are using the right electrical receptors.
- If the light is not on even after ensuring that there is a power connection, then check your fuse box or power outlet at home.
Black TV Screen With Sound
The problem above might be easy especially if you have a loose cable or power issue. However, what makes your TV screen go black while it is still producing sound? This problem can be a little bit complicated. Fortunately, you can also try to fix it at home to see if you can continue watching your favorite TV show. Here are a few things to do;
Check the TV’s Backlight
TVs with LCD screen displays illuminate pictures using a backlight. Sometimes, this backlight might stop working or even burn. This turns the TV screen black. To check your TV’s backlight?
- Ensure that your TV is connected to power and turned on.
- Turn off lights in your house – specifically the room where the TV is.
- Get a flashlight and shine it on the TV screen.
- Check for a picture on the screen using the flashlight.
- Getting a picture means that the backlight of your TV is the cause of the problem.
- Contact a technician to fix the issue for you. You can also replace the TV. Did you know you can order a TV from live shopping shows? Well, now you know!
Change Your Input Cable
Most modern TVs use an HDMI cable for input. Sometimes, these cables might get faulty and stop working. This might be caused by tear and wear or a fault. Most of them will not even have a physical mark or appear damaged to show that they are faulty.
To ensure that your HDMI cable works, use it on other devices or maybe another TV if you have more than one at home. If not, you can change the HDMI cable to see if a different one works with your TV.
Check the Input of Your TV
A black screen with sound on your TV might also be caused by issues with the TV’s input source. To check the input source;
- Check all the input devices and ensure that they are all connected well to the TV.
- Take one device and connect it to a different port to see if it works. If it does, the issue could be caused by a faulty port.
- Consult a technician to fix the port for you.
- If that does not work, connect different devices to the TV and then change the input settings until you get one that works.
If you try all the solutions shared above but your TV does not work, then it could be a serious problem. This might require you to consult a professional and get the issue fixed.