Retailer Zellers will launch pop-up locations in all remaining Hudson’s Bay stores across the country in time for the upcoming holiday season.
“We continue to see Canadians embrace Zellers, and are delighted by the experience of people discovering the amazing quality and style of the assortment we carry,” said Sophia Hwang-Judiesch, President of Hudson’s Bay.
“As I’ve said before, pop-ups are a key ingredient in our expansion strategy, allowing us to explore and test in new markets and fine-tune our offering before establishing larger format store locations. Our customers are in the driver’s seat – they will tell us how and where to grow.”
Currently, Zellers has 24 store-in-stores (and one more on the way) as well as 22 pop ups that opened earlier this year.
As previously announced, a new Zellers store-in-store will open at Bramalea City Centre in Brampton, ON, on Sept 27. With these additional pop ups, 78 Hudson’s Bay stores in Canada will now offer customers a Zellers experience.
The retailer said pop-up footprints will vary from store to store, ranging from 1,000 to 2,800 square feet (with the exception of Queen Street in Toronto) depending on location. Zellers stores within Hudson’s Bay range from 8,000 to 10,000 square feet.
“The pop-ups serve as strategic market tests to determine future Zellers store locations.,” said the company.
The final Zellers pop ups within Hudson’s Bay will open by Sept 22, at the following locations:
- Calgary Downtown, Calgary
- Chinook Centre, Calgary
- Market Mall, Calgary
- Southcentre Shopping Centre, Calgary
- Southgate Shopping Centre, Edmonton
- West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton
- Coquitlam Centre, Coquitlam
- Mayfair Shopping Centre, Victoria
- Metrotown Centre, Burnaby
- Orchard Park Shopping Centre, Kelowna
- Park Royal Shopping Centre, West Vancouver
- Richmond Centre, Richmond
- Village Green Mall, Vernon
- Polo Park Shopping Centre, Winnipeg
- Bayshore Shopping Centre, Ottawa
- Centrepoint Mall, Willowdale
- Conestoga Mall, Waterloo
- Fairview Mall, Willowdale
- Hillcrest Mall, Richmond HIll
- Limeridge Mall, Hamilton
- Markville Shopping Centre, Markham
- Masonville Place, London
- Oakville Place, Oakville
- Sherway Gardens, Etobicoke
- Square One, Mississauga
- Woodbine Plaza, Toronto
- Yorkdale, Toronto
- Carrefour Laval, Laval
- Centre Laval, Chomedey
- Fairview Mall, Pointe Claire
- Montreal Downtown, Montreal
“One of HBC’s most beloved brands, Zellers holds a special place in Canada’s maple leaf-shaped heart. With a brand new zellers.ca website and 25 locations (to start!) within Hudson’s Bay stores across the country, customers can expect a helpful, playful shopping experience packed full of low prices day in, day out. With a core focus on design and value – and a hint of the nostalgia that Canadians know and love – Zellers is gearing up to become the new go-to, from lifestyle to home and almost everything in between,” said the retailer.