Samsung recently initiated the launch of Knox Capture which helps enterprise IT administrators rapidly deploy and configure barcode capture for business apps. What that means is barcodes can be scanned from a Samsung device by warehouse employees, among others.
Knox Capture is described as being a highly adaptable solution that is capable of handling tailored scanning logic for business apps. Knox Capture’s friendly UI and scanning engine helps coordinate the input, formatting, and output of scanned barcode data without writing a single line of code. What that means is that users can quickly capture and input data at the press of a button. Retail Insider recently had the opportunity to test the technology on a new Galaxy device supplied by Samsung.
Samsung describes Knox Capture as a data capture solution for business that leverages the Knox platform to enable quick and easy configuration, deployment, and management of all scanning use cases on the frontline.
Knox Capture technology provides various benefits to frontline employees and IT administrators. Those include:
- Zero coding and integration needed: Customers do not need a significant development or integration investment for robust data capture and delivery to business-critical applications, reducing total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Data capture with device keyboard – secured by Knox: End users can use the native Samsung OEM keyboard for scanned corporate data to ensure enhanced security. The keyboard also comes with a dedicated “Scan” button for enhanced usability.
- Seamless deployment and usability: Knox Capture emphasizes usability in all aspects for users and IT admins with dedicated features and intuitive visual cues to support a short learning curve – employees can scan barcodes just like they would take pictures with their smartphones.
- All major barcode symbologies supported: Knox Capture supports all major barcode types to ensure optimal coverage for all data the users intend to scan.
Key features of Knox Capture include:
- Tailored scanning for business apps: Configure unique scanning configurations for multiple business apps by creating and applying Knox Capture profiles, eliminating the need for integration between business apps and the SDK.
- Capture data: Use the device camera to capture all major industry standard 1D and 2D barcode symbologies such as UPC, Code 39, EAN, and QR, just like you would capture photos with your smartphone.
- Configure scanning logic: Customize scanning logic with settings such as barcode type, camera zoom and scanning mode through the Knox Capture app on Google Play.
- Customize scanned data: Format scanned data for output by adding prefixes, suffixes, and tab or return keystrokes.
- Output scanned data: Send scanned data to input fields such as text boxes and drop-down menus in an app’s UI.
- Test a scanning configuration: Test your scanning configuration before deployment in test mode.
- Share and deploy Knox Capture configurations: Share a Knox Capture configuration with other devices via email, NFC, or QR code, or mass deploy a remote configuration through your EMM/MDM console.
- Quickly launch the scanner app: Activate camera scanning within business apps with a single push of the remapped hardware key or keyboard wedge and start scanning right away.