News at a Glance
Retail Insider is streamlining its Canadian retail news from around the web to include a handful of top news stories that can be viewed quickly during the day. Here are the top stories from the past 24 hours.
We will be limiting our activities on Monday due to travel commitments and will be back on Tuesday.
Please note that next week due to travel, there may be limited retail news from around the web — Publisher Craig Patterson will be at Salesforce Dreamforce conference in San Francisco and Editor-in-Chief Dustin Fuhs is in Florida until Wednesday.
- Empire Q1 sales up 4.1%, profit $187.5M (Grocery Business)
- Grocery store inflation may have peaked as food supplier cost increases ease: Sobeys (BNN)
- Sobeys boss says he’s fed up with ‘reckless and incendiary’ criticisms about grocery profits amid inflation (Financial Post)
- Lululemon founder Chip Wilson gifts $100M to help protect nature in B.C. (CBC)
- The Bay and Instacart Partner to Launch 1-Hour Delivery Across the GTA (Toronto Sun)
- Gap Inc. Canada Announces New Loyalty Rewards Program: One Membership. Four Brands (Newswire)
- Joe Fresh and Sasha Exeter Launch New Fashion-Forward Collection Together (Newswire)
- Toronto Market Week to bring 3 shows under 1 roof in Ontario, Canada (Fibre2Fashion)
- Genesis Breaks Ground on Flagship Location in Ottawa (Canadian Auto World)
- This Afghan lunch spot is a hidden gem tucked away in a meat store (CBC)