Sears Canada has sold 5 more leases back to mall landlords to the tune of about $400 million. The Sears locations scheduled to close include:
- Toronto: The Toronto Eaton Centre
- Toronto: Sherway Gardens Shopping Centre
- Markham, Ontario: Markville Shopping Centre
- London Ontario: Masonville Place
- Richmond, BC: Richmond Centre
We’ll be following up this brief article with an extensive analysis of what may replace these Sears stores.
Needless to say, an opportunity has been created for more exciting new retail in Canada, including the likelihood of a flagship Nordstrom store for Downtown Toronto.