Walmart today announced that Cyber Monday 2013 was the biggest online sales day in its history. The five-day period from Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday is the highest five-day stretch in online sales for the retailer to date, and Walmart.com processed more than 1 billion page views during that period.
The top-selling items at Walmart.com on Cyber Monday included the following:
- LG 50″ 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV
- Apple iPad 2 16GB with Wi-Fi
- Fisher-Price Power Wheels Red Ford F150 Raptor 12-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On
- Mega Bloks First Builders Build ‘n Learn Table Plus Bonus Play Set
- TRIO Stealth G2 10.1″ Tablet Dual Core with 16GB Memory (mobile top-seller)
- Tilting Wall Mount for 37″ to 70″ Flat Panel TVs, with HDMI Cable (mobile top-seller)
“We had an all-time record sales day yesterday as the momentum we saw on Thanksgiving carried through to Cyber Monday,” said Joel Anderson, president and CEO, Walmart.com U.S. “We’re committed to giving our customers the best savings on the gifts they want most this holiday season, and we’re offering 200 online specials every day through Friday so customers can make the most of their budgets.”
Cyber Week continues as Walmart.com will offer 200 online specials every day through Friday, Dec. 6. Throughout this holiday season, Walmart.com is also offering free shipping on all orders of $35 or more – nearly 99 percent of Walmart.com items are eligible. Online orders can also be shipped to local Walmart stores and in many instances, be picked up as early as the same day.
B-roll of Cyber Monday orders being fulfilled and executive sound bites available at: http://news.walmart.com/media-library/videos/b-roll-cyber-monday-2013-resultsSOURCE WalmartCopyright (C) 2013 PR Newswire. All rights reserve