Chinese grocery chain Sungiven Foods has now opened six locations across the metro Vancouver area with another two coming soon.
In the fall of 2019, Sungiven Foods opened its first Canadian store at City Square in Vancouver. The store was the first of about 15 locations planned for the BC Lower Mainland over the next several years.
A cross-Canada store expansion is expected, which could heat up competition amongst grocery retailers and particularly with Asian grocers as well as chains such as T&T. Sungiven Foods operates more than 100 stores in China and will also expand into the US. [Read the Full Article Here]
The North Vancouver location (1595 Marine Drive) opened earlier this month and its construction was reported in July 2021 replacing a former Pier 1 Imports location which was a casualty of the February 2020 Canada-wide closure announcement.
The Sungiven Foods locations in the metro Vancouver area include:
- City Square Store (42-555 West 12th Ave, Vancouver)
- West Broadway Store (3301 West Broadway, Vancouver)
- Burnaby Hastings Store (4106 Hastings Street, Burnaby)
- White Rock Store (1640 152nd Street, Surrey)
- Richmond Bridgeport Store (9771 Bridgeport Road, Richmond)
- North Vancouver Store (1595 Marine Drive, North Vancouver)
- Burnaby Big Bend Store (600-5771 Marine Way, Burnaby) – Coming Soon
- South Surrey TPC Store (3211 152nd Street, Surrey) – Coming Soon
Sungiven Foods Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of Xiamen Sungiven Foods Holdings Ltd., based in Xiamen, China. The company operates more than 90 stores in China, most being in Xiamen. The company’s Canadian head office was opened earlier this year in Burnaby.
The following are additional photos of the North Vancouver store taken in August 2021: