Upscale New York-based fashion brand COACH is relocating within CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver.
The retailer opened its current 3,660 square foot location over four years ago between H&M and Roots on the lower level of the mall.
The new location will be on the same level, south of its current location with the new store being located between Ted Baker and Abercrombie & Fitch. COACH’s move is made possible after Massimo Dutti vacated its 7,371 square foot location in the spring 2022. Coach will occupy part of the former Dutti space.
COACH specializes in leather goods such as handbags, luggage, accessories, and ready-to-wear. COACH was founded in 1941 as a family-run workshop in a loft on 34th Street in Manhattan. In 1985, the Cahns family decided to focus on the family goat/cheese farm and sold COACH to an American consumer-goods company called Sara Lee Corporation. COACH was divested from Sara Lee Corporation in the beginning of 2000 where it became an independent retailer. In 2013, COACH generated $5 billion in sales and operated approximately 1,000 directly operated locations globally. COACH changed its name to Tapestry in 2017 and continued operating the COACH brand in addition to the Kate Spade brand (which was purchased in 2017) and the Stuart Weitzman brand (which was purchased in 2015).
As of May 2022, the store locator on the COACH official website lists 30 Canadian storefronts. These store locations include both full-priced ‘retail’ locations and discounted ‘outlet’ locations. The provincial breakdown included:
- 6 in British Columbia (four retail stores and two outlet stores);
- 4 in Alberta (two retail stores and two outlet stores);
- 1 retail store in Manitoba;
- 16 in Ontario (ten retail stores and six outlet stores); and
- 3 in Quebec (two retail stores and one outlet store).
The four retail COACH storefronts in British Columbia include:
- 755 Burrard Street (Vancouver);
- CF Pacific Centre (Vancouver);
- Metropolis at Metrotown (Burnaby); and
- CF Richmond Centre (Richmond).
The two discount COACH storefronts in British Columbia include:
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver (Richmond); and
- Tsawwassen Mills Outlets (Delta).