Massimo Dutti Closes Storefront at CF Pacific Centre in Downtown Vancouver

Retail industry news delivered directly to you. Subscribe to Retail-Insider.

Spanish clothing brand Massimo Dutti, sister brand to Zara and owned by Inditex and specializing in cashmere and wool fashions, exited CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver earlier in the spring 2022. At least part of the space is already leased.

Massimo Dutti vacated its prominent 7,371 square foot location between Ted Baker London and Abercrombie & Fitch on the lower level of the mall. The retail space had two separate entrances to the shopping centre and had the square footage of two typical retailers at CF Pacific Centre.

Part of the location is currently under construction to become the new location for COACH which is currently down the corridor from the former Massimo Dutti space.

Future COACH location on lower level at CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver. Photo: Cadillac Fairview Lease Plan.
Construction signage at former Massimo Dutti location at CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver (May 2022). Photo: Lee Rivett.
Construction Signage at future COACH location taking over the left portion of the former Massimo Dutti location at CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver (May 2022). Photo: Lee Rivett

Massimo Dutti’s parent company, Inditex, is headquartered in Spain and has other clothing brands including Zara.

In 1991, Inditex company acquired a 65 per cent share of Massimo Dutti when the brand was focused on menswear. Womenswear was added in 1995 when Inditex purchased the remaining 35 per cent share of Massimo Dutti.

Massimo Dutti’s first Canadian store opened in August of 2012, measuring 4,800 square feet at the CF Toronto Eaton Centre. It subsequently opened two more Toronto stores: at Yorkdale Shopping Centre and First Canadian Place. Inditex announced opening more Massimo Dutti stores across Canada in 2014, despite mediocre sales in its first three locations.

Retail Insider reported on the closing of the Massimo Dutti store at CF Rideau Centre in Ottawa in June 2021. The store locator page on Massimo Dutti Canada’s website reports five Massimo Dutti locations as of May 2022:

  • Yorkdale Centre (Toronto, Ontario)
  • First Canadian Place (Toronto, Ontario)
  • CF Toronto Eaton Centre (Toronto, Ontario)
  • CF Carrefour Laval (Laval, Quebec)
  • Rockland (Mount Royal, Quebec)
Former Massimo Dutti Interior at CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver (January 2017). Photo: Local Buzz/Google Streetview
Former Massimo Dutti Interior at CF Pacific Centre in downtown Vancouver (January 2017). Photo: Local Buzz/Google Streetview

Article Author

Lee Rivett
Lee Rivetthttps://retail-insider.com
Lee Rivett, based in Vancouver, supports the digital distribution and technical backend operations of Retail Insider. This includes providing technical support for the editors during the digital publication cycle, streamlining virtual tools for the cross-country team and a variety of other duties which keeps the publication running smoothly.

More From The Author

Victoria’s Secret To Relocate in Downtown Vancouver

Victoria's Secret has closed its Robson Street flagship and is moving to a downsized location following significant reductions in the chain's Canadian stores in 2020.

Hollister Opens New Location at CF Pacific Centre in Downtown Vancouver

American clothing brand Hollister relocates to a new and more prominent location within the same shopping centre.

RECENT RETAIL INSIDER VIDEOS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest Stories

No posts to display

Follow us

4,265FansLike
6,734FollowersFollow
10,754FollowersFollow

all-time Popular