Dramatic shifts in consumer habits over the past couple of years have had a significant impact on how retailers are operating. In addition, retailers continue to experience change related to shrink, fraud, and violent crime they are experiencing. Retail risk management and loss prevention professionals have also shifted their focus to these continuous issues that are putting people and profits at risk.
Retail Council of Canada is once again hosting its Retail Secure Conference, the largest gathering of retail professionals focused on risk management and loss prevention on March 21, 2023 at the International Centre in Toronto. This one-day conference brings together retail professionals, solution providers and other industry experts to discuss the most pressing security issues in retail.
“Retail professionals have been very active these past two years identifying the biggest challenges and threats we face collectively through the RCC member networking groups” shares Rui Rodrigues, Executive Advisor, Loss Prevention with Retail Council of Canada. “Hosting the Retail Secure Conference in person for the first time since 2019 is an exciting opportunity to come together to learn, discuss the most pressing issues and be energized while reconnecting with friends and colleagues.”
The main stage program will include sessions addressing the future of retail and risk management, changing fraud trends, and how leaders are strategizing to build strong teams while planning for the changing skills needed for a modern workforce. Responding to cybersecurity incidents and the increasing violence in stores requires collaboration, not only across departments but across organizations to work collectively to identify best practices but also for the identification of patterns.
This year’s speakers include:
- Dave Cheema Director, Asset Protection Best Buy Canada
- Dina Yakhin, Director of Asset Protection Gap Inc – Canada and International
- John Armit, Detective Constable Canadian Anti Fraud Centre and OPP
- Sean Sportun, Chair, Toronto Crime Stoppers
- John Bellefeuille, Head of Loss Prevention and Occupational Health & Safety, Giant Tiger
- Gwendolyn Jacquot, Asset Protection Leader Canada, 7-Eleven
- Tony D’Onofrio, CEO of TD Insights
- Harris Silver, Senior Director, Security, Canada Goose
- Paul Trickett, National Director of Asset Protection and Health & Safety, Staples
- Rui Rodrigues, Executive Advisor, Loss Prevention & Risk Management, Retail Council of Canada
In addition to the main stage program, attendees will also enjoy focused breakout sessions and the opportunity to network with colleagues and experts in the exhibit and networking hall.
Attend RCC’s Retail Secure Conference on March 21, 2023 at the International Centre in Toronto. Register by February 21 to receive early bird rates. Retail organizations are invited to register their teams and receive a 20% discount on registration of groups of 5 or more. For information on exhibiting, sponsorship or registration please contact Retail Council of Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Partner content. To work with Retail Insider, contact email@example.com