Retail Insider continues its Photo Tour series of Canadian malls with a Christmas update for shopping centres which may be less frequented lately due to the most recent variant of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This edition brings us to Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, B.C., and builds upon the mall tour in December 2020 for the shopping centre. We revisited the shopping centre this holiday season to check-in on the festive decorations which some may be missing due to the pandemic.
We visited on a rainy day, therefore the exterior photos were a bit lacklustre. We headed into the mall to see the various holiday decorations that Ivanhoé Cambridge (owner) delighted shoppers with in 2021.
While we were at Metropolis at Metrotown, we checked in on the retailers which we reported being under renovation in July 2021.
A|X Armani Exchange
Giorgio Armani’s much less expensive sub-brand Armani Exchange (also known as A|X) has temporarily relocated near Indigo to expand on the upper level of Metropolis at Metrotown. The location reopened prior to the 2021 holiday shopping season.
Moderately-priced ‘breathable’ Italian footwear brand GEOX gave its Metropolis at Metrotown store a makeover. The store was under construction in July of 2021 during the previous tour.
The American sports retailer, a subsidiary of Foot Locker, temporarily relocated to the lower level near the Hudson’s Bay to expand on the upper level of Metropolis at Metrotown. The retailer appears to be in full operation heading into the 2021 holiday season.
Token Toys, an art toy store, opened a second brick-and-mortar location at Metropolis after construction observed in July 2021. Its first store is located at CF Richmond Centre. The retailer has operated a kiosk at Metropolis at Metrotown up until this point.
We had a very interesting holiday season photo walk around Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby and we hope you enjoyed coming along with us. Don’t forget to check out our other retail photo tours over the past few months. Thank you for taking this tour with us.
Discover More Related Retail Photo Tours From Retail Insider:
- Retail Profile: Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto (Summer 2021 with Photos)
- Retail Profile: Willowbrook Shopping Centre in Langley BC (July 2021)
- Retail Profile: Alberni Street ‘Luxury Zone’ in Downtown Vancouver (Summer 2021)
- Retail Profile: Robson Street in Vancouver (Summer 2021)
- Retail Tour Update: The Amazing Brentwood in Burnaby (June 2021)
- Retail Tour Update: Park Royal Shopping Centre in West Vancouver (Spring 2021)
- Retail Profile: CF Market Mall in Calgary (Spring 2021)
- Retail Profile: Chinook Centre in Calgary (Spring 2021)
- Retail Profile: Southcentre Mall in Calgary (Spring 2021)
- Retail Profile: The CORE Shopping Centre in Downtown Calgary (Spring 2021)
- Retail Photo Tour: Retail at The Distillery Historic District in Toronto and What’s to Come
- Retail Photo Tour: Sainte-Catherine Street in Montreal During COVID-19
- Retail Photo Tour: McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Vancouver (February 20201)
- Photo Tour: The Ever-Changing Sherwood Park Mall in Sherwood Park, Alberta (February 2021)
- Photo Tour: Big Changes and New Retailers at Avalon Mall in St. John’s, Newfoundland (January 2021)
- Photo Tour: West Edmonton Mall Phase 1 and Phase 2 During COVID-19 (December 2020)
- Photo Tour: West Edmonton Mall Phase 3 and Phase 4 During COVID-19 (December 2020)
- Photo Tour: Guildford Town Centre in Surrey During COVID-19 (December 2020)
- Metropolis at Metrotown Photo Tour (December 2020)
- The Amazing Brentwood Photo Tour (December 2020)
- Yorkville Photo Tour (November 2020)
- Bloor Photo Tour (December 2020)
- The PATH Holiday Photo Tour (December 2020)