Discussion topics will include hiring strategies to regulations around cannabis edibles to breaking the stigmas that may be a roadblock for potential customers and legitimate businesses. Other questions that will be answered include: What opportunities are ahead for cannabis retail? How can challenges to the industry be overcome?
The half-day session will also provide an update on regulations across the country for the retail cannabis sector.
Retail Council of Canada’s 2019 Cannabis Forum will be held on the morning of Tuesday, March 26, at the Toronto Congress Centre at 650 Dixon Road.
Attendees will have the opportunity to learn from over a dozen well-known speakers comprised of leaders in Canada’s cannabis industry. Speakers and guests, discussing the following topics, include:
Hitting the Border Wall: Hiring for Retail Cannabis
• Jackie Ross, Principal/Lead Recruiters, JRoss Retail Recruiters
• Eli Trinidade, Human Resource Director, Kiaro
• Marcie Kiziak, VP Human Resources, Alcanna
• James Jesty, President, The Friendly Stranger Corporation
• Christopher Kane, Chief Operating Officer, National Access Cannabis
Breaking the Stigma with Community Engagement and Social Responsibility
• Nadia Vattovaz, CFO, Fire & Flower
Rethinking Traditional In-store Experience
• Lara Wood, General Manager, Cannabis NB
• Andy Palalas, Chief Revenue Officer, High Tide Ventures
• Steffen Schenk, SVP Customer Experience, mihi Cannabis
In 2018, Canada became the first G20 nation to legalize recreational use of cannabis. This legislation has created a new sector in the Canadian retail market: cannabis retail. The Ontario government will be moving forward with its regulated brick-and-mortar retail model this spring, while other provinces continue to open new dispensary locations as well.
Tickets to Retail Council of Canada’s 2019 Cannabis Forum can be purchased here, and you’re encouraged to act quickly as it is less than a week away: https://www.retailcouncil.org/events/discover-the-innovative-retail-business-of-cannabis/#agenda
*Partner Content. To work with Retail Insider, email: email@example.com