*****UPDATE: This announcement was confirmed the morning of December 13th, 2013, as expected. H&M and Forever21 are also confirmed tenants for this mall.*****
La Maison Simons will open an 80,000 square foot store at Les Promenades Gatineau in suburban Ottawa. It’s expected to open in the Spring of 2015, following the recently announced Simons at Ottawa’s Rideau Centre. The Gatineau Simons will be part of a $110 million renovation/expansion of Les Promenades Gatineau that will see the mall modernized and improved.
According to La Presse, Peter Simons will be present at the mall to make an official announcement of the store’s opening at about 10:00am on Monday, December 2nd. The mall’s landlord, Oxford Properties, is also expected to provide further details on the mall’s expansion. Rumour has it the mall will feature new H&M and Forever 21 stores.
We first reported on a possible Simons store location for Les Promenades Gatineau just over a year ago. After interviewing Peter Simons in September, we thought the deal was over. We can now say that this isn’t the case and that Ottawa will eventually have two Simons store locations.
La Maison Simons is on an unprecedented nation-wide expansion that saw its first store outside of Quebec open at West Edmonton Mall in October 2012. It has subsequently announced future store locations in West Vancouver, and Downtown Ottawa. Further locations may open in Toronto and in Winnipeg, though nothing is confirmed for either cities.
- La Maison Simons in Talks to Open in Suburban Ottawa After Rideau Centre Deal Falls Through (note – Rideau Deal DID eventually go through)
- La Maison Simons Opening at Ottawa’s Rideau Centre | Spring 2015
- La Maison Simons Could Open at Calgary’s Southcentre Mall
- La Maison Simons to Open at Park Royal in West Vancouver
- La Maison Simons in Talks to Open Two Toronto Stores
- La Maison Simons’ Canadian Expansion: Interview with Peter Simons
|Rendering of the renovated Les Promenades Gatineau. Image: Oxford Properties