As Canadian shoppers tighten their spending in early 2024 following a busy holiday season, businesses in Canada are being pressed to save money wherever possible. In an effort to help small businesses keep costs low GoDaddy Canada has launched its latest commerce innovation in Canada, called GoDaddy Payments.
The all-in-one commerce platform facilitates fast and secure payment processing and introduces the lowest transaction fees in the industry, enabling businesses to save over 15 per cent on card processing fees*.
The lower transaction fees are a huge bonus to retailers, especially smaller operations, as rising credit card usage continues to drive an increase in credit card fees. While retailers have the right to pass these charges on to their customers through raising prices or issuing surcharges, saving on transaction fees can help retailers reduce their own costs while keeping prices stable for their customers.
GoDaddy’s new offerings for retailers save money while also offering ease of use. GoDaddy Payments seamlessly integrates with the existing suite of user-friendly tools within the GoDaddy Commerce platform, including GoDaddy Website Builder.
The comprehensive commerce solution empowers small businesses to streamline operations by managing customer orders, payments, and refunds all in one place, with the convenience of a centralized dashboard.
As part of its all-in-one commerce platform, that enables retailers to sell both online and in store, GoDaddy has launched several new features for the Canadian market to help retailers boost their omni-commerce footprint and manage it from one dashboard.
- GoDaddy Payments: A powerful payment provider facilitating seamless and secure transactions across the full GoDaddy Commerce suite at a competitive price.
- GoDaddy Smart Terminal: A modern point-of-sale (POS) device designed to effortlessly manage curbside or in-store pick-up orders, complementing online and offline selling in one centralized dashboard.
- GoDaddy Online Pay Links: A simple way to accept online payments using quick, sharable links without the need for a website.
- GoDaddy Virtual Terminal: Enables any computer, tablet, or mobile device with a web browser to function as a payment terminal without the need for extra equipment.
- Built-In Managed WordPress Ecommerce Hosting: A fully customizable WordPress site allowing entrepreneurs to sell a variety of products and services.
GoDaddy has made GoDaddy Payments quick to set up, recognizing that retailers and other businesses have many priorities and that time is money. With GoDaddy Payments, getting set up is quick and easy. Account creating is simple, verification takes minutes, and you are ready to take payments right away. Transaction fees are as low as 2.7% + 0 cents for ecommerce and 2.3% + 0 cents for in-person sales.
Quick setup is further complemented by fast pay-outs, as GoDaddy recognizes that smaller retailers especially may struggle with cash flow. With GoDaddy Payments, business owners can receive payments from customer purchases as soon as the next business day.
GoDaddy Smart Terminal: Revolutionizing In-Person Selling
The GoDaddy Smart Terminal is a sleek and modern all-in-one point-of-sale designed to meet in-person selling needs. It enables a quick and easy setup, reliability, along with English-speaking 24/7 customer support. The terminal supports contactless payments, includes built-in receipt printing and a barcode scanner, and features a lightweight design with dual screens for convenient in-store selling.
The GoDaddy Smart Terminal is currently available in Canada at GoDaddy.ca for a promotional price of $399, a significant saving compared to existing competitor devices. Each terminal includes a charging dock and free expedited shipping to facilitate a quick start for small businesses.
A Unified Dashboard for Omni-Commerce Experience
For retailers who sell both in-store and online, the GoDaddy Commerce lineup provides a streamlined dashboard for managing payments and orders across online and in-person sales. Features include syncing product catalogues and inventory across all selling platforms and managing multiple marketplace placements through a single listing. This addresses the issue of retailers having to use different platforms, which can be inefficient and more costly.
* Disclaimer: Currently lowest pricing compared to leading providers Square, Stripe, and Shopify for Canadian ecommerce, in-person, and keyed-in transactions.
*Retail Insider partnered with GoDaddy for this article content.