Buors talks about:
- Localization as a differentiator: According to Shopify, 49% of North Americans are more likely to purchase from a brand due to its local presence, and CFIB reports that 66% of consumers say they make efforts to buy from small businesses.
- Improved performance through machine learning & AI: As marketers look to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their advertising in 2023, the continued increase in the use of AI and machine learning will allow marketing professionals to analyze real-time data and dynamically generate personalized content and ads based on a combination of user characteristics and business objectives.
- Explosion of short-form video: Online video consumption continues to grow, with video accounting for 82% of all online traffic.
- Increased competition for new franchisees: According to Google Trends, search volume for terms such as “start a franchise,” “buy a business,” and “buy a franchise,” are up 30% on average compared to the same month in 2021. In fact, several months saw search volume increase more than 100% over the prior year.
- Creating competitive advantage with first-party data: With third-party cookies set to be obsolete by 2024, first-party data collection will be essential in 2023 for marketers.
The Video Interview Series by Retail Insider is available on YouTube.
Connect with Mario Toneguzzi, a veteran of the media industry for more than 40 years and named in 2021 a Top Ten Business Journalist in the world and the only Canadian – to learn how you can tell your story, share your message and amplify it to a wide audience. He is Senior News Editor with Retail Insider and owner of Mario Toneguzzi Communications Inc. and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviewed this episode:
Like, Share and Subscribe to Mario Toneguzzi on YouTube!
Also check out the other series offered by Retail Insider, including The Weekly podcast and The Interview Series, which are both available on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, TuneIn, Google Podcasts, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Simplecast and other podcast players.
Follow Retail Insider:
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/Retail-Insider
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RetailInsider/
- Twitter: @RetailInsider_
- Instagram: @Retail_Insider_Canada
Share your thoughts!